Sunday, July 13, 2014

Just Move

About a month ago, I made a resolution to move. Move a little. Move a lot. Just move.

I would love to say that I walk 4 miles a day. Heck, I'd really love to say that I was one of those people who woke up every morning at 5 a.m. and ran 10 miles with a sports bra, matching sneakers and a smile. But that's not me.

I resolved to try to move a little 5-6 days a week. Sometimes that looks like a 1-2 mile walk around campus. Sometimes it's pushing myself to do 5 miles on a Saturday afternoon. Sometimes it's walking around downtown on vacation with my husband or playing frisbee for 30 minutes in the backyard. Sometimes it's a 20 minute yoga or pilates video at home. Most of the time it's somewhere in between all that.

It's not about how you move - or even how long you move (although I would advise you to aim for 20 minutes or more 3-5 days a week).


- Join a yoga or pilates class.
- Find a nature trail near your home.
- Walk around the neighborhood with friends.
- Play a game of basketball with your kids.
- Go on an evening bike ride with your husband.
- Go hiking with your family on the weekends.
- Wake up early and do a prayer walk.
- Find your favorite treadmill or elliptical at the local gym.
- Find workout videos on youtube for free and work out at home (Leslie Sansone is great for beginner walkers and Tara Stiles for beginners in yoga).

This week, I encourage you to make a motion to move.






No comments:

Post a Comment