Monday, February 11, 2013

All our favorite people!

This morning, as Derrick and I were discussing our night at his Mom's tonight, he said "In the past three days, we've seen almost all our favorite people." His voice conveyed it. We are blessed.

Friday night I took off to Charlotte with my dearest friends to celebrate Jessica's upcoming wedding! This is our 6th celebration of love and marriage - beginning almost four years ago. I never take for granted how blessed I not only am to still be in touch with more than a handful of girls from elementary, middle, and high school, but how blessed I am that we seem to love, respect, understand, and care about each other even more as time goes by. My mom says that when I was younger, she prayed that God would send me some good, fun Christian friends - and, boy, did He deliver...big!


While I was in Charlotte, my dear husband headed over to his grandma's to change our oil - where he got to hang out with his dad and sister. We are blessed with our family. 

Of course, I missed Derrick terribly in the 24 hours I was gone (Yes, I'm a wimp). And on Saturday morning, when I texted him to see how he was, he said "Sleepy. Up late. Couldn't sleep. Bed was empty." Yep, it was nice to get away with some of my absolute dearest friends. It was also nice to come home to my best friend.

Sunday we spent the morning at church - worshiping with and serving alongside our wonderful church family. Two of our best friends from church have been gone the past couple of weeks, so it was wonderful to catch up with them again. God has truly blessed us with even more amazing friends, godly couples, and people of Christian influence through our church.

Sunday afternoon my parents dropped by to hang out. They are so fun and love us so much - and I'm always glad when we get to spend time with them. 

Sunday night we started Marriage 101 class at our church and were surrounded by some of amazing couples we love and some couples that we look forward to getting to know more.

And tonight we'll spend a few hours talking, laughing, eating, and playing games at Derrick's mom's house. 

So there it goes...almost all of our favorite people. Of course, there are a few couples and family members that we didn't get to see this weekend - but we never forget how blessed we are to have them in our lives.

Never a dull moment. Always surrounded by blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment