Friday, January 18, 2013

Whirlwind week

This week has been a whirlwind and an ongoing reminder of how blessed we are and how busy being blessed can be. I seriously haven't been home until after 9:00 p.m....

Monday 
Monday night I had a meeting with my student ambassadors. I loved hearing what was going on in their lives and briefing them on upcoming events.
After the meeting, we headed to Derrick's mom's for a night of food and laughter and games. 

Tuesday
Tuesday night one of my best friends was down from Ohio - so we met two of our other friends for dinner and ended up talking for hours about everything. Seriously. Everything. I think the people in Moes probably heard things that they never wanted to hear and now know more about us than most of you. 

Wednesday
Wednesday after work I met Derrick, our pastor, and another church leader/friend for in Fuquay. It was nice to throw around ideas, get to know each other better, and look towards the future.
After that, we headed to our dear friends home to shoot a church video, watch some television, and just chill. Even though we weren't at our home and we were shooting a church video, it also ended up being some much needed downtime. It's nice to have friends that you can hang out with and be real with - without having to try. 

Thursday
Last night, of course, was Johnson family night. It was just us and my parents - so we talked for hours about Derrick and my future, long term goals and dreams, and life in general. My parents have an inspiring marriage, and I just think they're amazing, adorable, fun, wise people. 

Friday
Today. As I type to you, I look forward to going out with our friends Zach and Diana tonight. They are in ministry and travel a good deal, so we haven't gotten to see them much since October. It will be a big blessing to catch up and celebrate the fact that they're having a baby this summer! The first baby that Derrick's ever remotely gotten excited about. This is a big deal. 

Tomorrow
I'm coming into work for a meeting and medical school tour. Then I'm going home, putting on my pajamas, putting in a load of laundry, and relaxing.
 I think my home misses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment