Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Blog - a Book!

For two years I've been writing my next book, and I didn't even know it. I've been sharing my heart, sharing my stories, and trying to use my gifts and God's words to encourage others.

It didn't even occur to me until my mother-in-law suggested it. "Why don't you print your blogs?" At first it seemed like an only-okay idea. I mean, why would you want a book of my blogs when you can read them online? 

But it evolved into an amazing project. Something I'm proud of. Something I'm passionate about. Something that shows how God has used me and created me with certain skills for a purpose...no matter how small it may seem.

As I sit here with the book in hand and read the words, I am in awe that God used me to write these things. I am in awe that God has blessed me with experiencing these things. This mixture of advice column, devotion book, and love story. It has already made me cry and laugh this morning - and I'm excited to share it with you! There's something about holding a book in your hands, smelling it, highlighting it, being able to search it and know it that trumps looking at a computer screen.
 

If you're interested in having your own copy or buying one for a friend, mom, grandma, daughter, aunt, cousin, coworker, teacher...please let me know! I'll be selling them for $10 a book. I can order any time. 
Here are the different sections offered in the book (Or the different "Pieces of my Heart"): 


I.                   About Me
Learn my heart, my quirks, my insecurities, and my passions.

II.                Life
My random musings on life: advice, stories, observations, and encouragement.

III.             God
Meet my God and learn about His redemption, His heart, His purpose, and His hope for each of us.

IV.             Women of the Bible
There are some pretty amazing women who set examples for us long ago – hear just a few of their stories and be encouraged by their heart.

V.                Friendships
I’ve been blessed with some beautiful, amazing, godly friends. Get to know them and take time to appreciate your friends and the special people in your life.

VI.             Our Story
This is my own love story written by an awesome God and starring my partner, best friend, and forever love

VII.          Relationships
Dating relationships – relationships in general – can be tough sometimes. I share my thoughts and experiences with romantic relationships and life before and in preparation of marriage.

VIII.       Marriage
The topic I am most passionate about is marriage. How it works, what God intended, and my own personal experiences as a newlywed. 


3 comments:

  1. That is quite special! How did you get it printed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOO cool. This reminds me that I forgot to send the other book back with my parents.. I'm so sorry! We need to talk about what to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a site called lulu.com where you can upload and print almost anything - and you have complete control over design, layout, marketing, ordering, etc.

    Jessi - when we talk this week we can talk about it :) I'm missing it!

    ReplyDelete