Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coffee and High Heels

I have fallen short on my daily entries...

I remember being in middle and high school and daydreaming about what it would be like to have a professional job, a career. Those daydreams were filled with the sound of rushed high heels walking on hard floors with places to go and people to see and the smell of coffee in hand. Images of hurried phone calls, quick typing, and arms full of important paperwork. Business meetings and presentations. Doing lunch. "I have a presentation in the morning to go over the new cover pages", "I'll fax that to you as soon as possible," and "Let me me look over the files, make some changes and get back to you."...all seemed to be the jargon that filled my mind. Ahhh...daydreams.


This morning I gave in and stopped at McDonalds to get my small caramal frappe with no whipped cream. I wore my grey suede boots, which make an important noise as the 2.5 inch heels hit the floor.
 I came in and went to work finalizing the layout for a booklet I've been working on. It's the largest print project that CAS has done; and, since it is my creation, I am very excited to see the printed product. I met with our graphic designer to go over the layout and format of the booklet. After that I popped in our web guy's office to go over event registration and then discussed the frustrating aspects of departmental brochures with another colleague.

Once back in my office, I quickly looked over our Psychology and Socialwork brochures - deleting comments and making the changes so that we can get those printed as soon as possible. Then I edited the quotes for the booklet and sent the revisions to Jonathan to be changed. I remembered that I needed to send in several requisitions for supplies and projects, so I quickly filled out that information.

This past weekend I met a wonderful young lady at our scholarship competition - she's interested in being a wedding planner and has a passion for video - so I typed an email to her, giving her information and encouraging her. After that, I drafted our deposited student newsletter - which goes out monthly to our future CAS students.

*Breathe*

On my lunch break I did make an effort to go to Walmart to look for Valentine's Day stuff. A long line and the desire to save money stopped me from buying anything. This year I will go sentimental - which is much better for Valentine's Day anyways.

Back to the office - where I wrote thank you cards to each of the students that I interviewed this past weekend. What a blessing it is to have such great students considering their future at Campbell! It's a great place to be!

And in the midst of all of that...I realized that I'm exactly where I dreamt of being. I am the woman I used to dream about. My life is beyond blessed. How awesome is it when you get to live your dreams coming true! I mean, who can ask for more than coffee and high heels...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
 plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, girlie. :) I am sure you do everything very well.

    ReplyDelete