Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Music!

i love music. 

To me, music is the most spiritual, out-of-this-world experience other than God and love. It can express what you can't find the words to say. It can convey an emotion. Change a mood. Take you back to a memory. It comforts and celebrates. It cries and laughs.

I appreciate all types of music. But country holds my heart. It's in my blood. It's a passion of mine. I'm a country purist. I don't like when country singers cross over or when I hear a country song on a non-country station. There's something so real and beautiful about country musicians. They could be your neighbor. The beautiful woman that sings in church. The farmer down the road who is a loving husband and caring father.

My world stops whenever the first few notes of a late 80's/early 90's song pours through the speakers. "Don't Close Your Eyes", "Is There Life Out There", "I See It Now", "The Dance", "Strawberry Wine" and "So Good In Love" are just a few examples of some of those classic songs.

I like Walking after Midnight with Patsy and drawl out every letter of D-I-V-O-R-C-E as I listen to that unmistakable voice that is Tammy Wynette. And if I could have a concert in heaven? Well, it just might be from Keith Whitley - if he trusted God as his Savior and finds his home up there.

The Judds are on my Christmas list...because "Love Can Build A Bridge" is hands down one of the greatest. songs. ever.

Tonight on my way home I listened to Dolly Parton's "Hard Candy Christmas"...3 times! And sang it with all my might. It's my favorite Christmas song. It's sad and strong and weak and vulnerable. Her voice sounds like you could shatter it, yet it has a strength and purity that is seldom found. And the song sounds like candy. The last few words are like a hug from Dolly herself.


I think that music is one of the biggest blessings that we have here on earth. Listen to it. Appreciate it. Sing at the top of your lungs at the stoplight; it will inspire others! Enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment